Monday, October 8, 2007

Sock it to me!

I've joined the knitted sock craze! I browse through knitting blogs and it's amazing how many people are making socks. I remember my mom having sets of double pointed needles and a myriad of books with sock patterns. Some very elaborate with argyle patterns and fancy stitches. I never had the urge to attempt making socks though. But now there are so many beautiful new yarns out there and sock making has become popular again. So...here is my first attempt:



Not terribly well done, I'm afraid, but I'm quite happy with them nonetheless. It's not the correct yarn for socks...much too heavy, but it was good to work with for my first attempt as it was easy to work with the thicker yarn. Now I'm learning how to make it neat. It's amazing how many wonderful tips there are on the internet from accomplished sock knitters.

1 comment:

Barbara said...

Your first attempt? I think they're great! It seems that knitting makes better socks than crochet.