Sunday, April 22, 2007

Peaceful Interval Afghan

This is an afghan that I crocheted recently for a client of mine. The original was done in a dark beige colour, but I'm glad we decided on white because it really shows the edging beautifully.


The finished project was about 48" x 60", so it is a substantial blanket even though it is termed a 'throw'. I used Bernat Super Value 100% acrylic 4 ply worsted weight yarn and it came out really soft. There is just a touch of sheen to this yarn, if you know what I mean, and it really adds to the quality of the piece I think.


The border of the afghan consists of ten rows around and was not the most fun time I've ever had crocheting I can tell you that. I did quite a bit of ripping out and re-doing before I finally figured out what the instructions were telling me to do. Once I caught on it was really simple, but I would definitely call this an intermediate to advanced pattern. Not because it's difficult or uses strange stitches but because you need a doctorate in crochet translation to follow it!


All in all I was really pleased with how this turned out. I wish I could have kept it. Maybe one day I'll make one for myself.

1 comment:

Barbara said...

This is just lovely! The border may have been challenging for you but it really is fabulous.