Tuesday, May 29, 2007

More Tote Bags

I am really enjoying making these bags. They are simple and rather easy to make. I did try another round one and used another crochet stitch for the body of the bag. The stitch is called fish tail. I quite like it. But it uses a lot more skeins of yarn than the mesh bag does. I don't think I'll make another one. Although it was fun figuring it out. It's a lot heavier too. I also tried doing an oval bag, but I am not happy with how it looks so I'm not going to complete it.




I do however like the original bags more, now that I have made several of them. This latest one turned out quite nice. My friend really likes it, so I'm going to give it to her. Everyone who saw the bag said the same thing...you should make a lining for it. So I am going to go get some cotton and sew some up. I agree...it will make the bags better and ensure that nothing slips through those little holes. Now here's hoping I can get my sewing machine working.

No comments: