Wednesday, May 23, 2007

What Not to Wear?

Lately I've noticed a lot of people talking about certain yarns not being 'wearable'. And it got me thinking about the items that I've made recently and whether they were made from 'wearbable' yarn or not. But then I thought, what does that matter? Isn't it just a matter of opinion? Besides, if I like it and work hard on a project, shouldn't I be proud of the finished sweater or hat and choose to wear it regardless of what somebody I don't even know thinks or feels? So here are a few of my 'wearables'. They are all knit as I've never crocheted anything wearable before. Although maybe one day soon I will.


The cardigan is made from Bernat Solo Yarn, the pullover from Red Heart TLC Amore and the poncho from Lion Brand Suede.

I also enjoy making scarves and hats. They are not only a fashion accesory, but a necessity during cold winter months. I have made many sets and given a lot of them away, but here are two sets as well as a hat that really like. Although I may have to give the green and yellow hat away as it is too big for my head.


The green and yellow poor boy cap is made from Scheepeswool acrylic/wool blend, the blue scarf and hat are made from Bernat Boa and the green and pink scarf and poor boy cap are made from Paton's acrylic/wool blend.*
*Oops! I thought it was Paton's yarn but I just found a ball that was left over and realized that it is Moda Dea Cache made by Coats. But it is still a wool/acrylic blend.

1 comment:

Barbara said...

Great point about "wearable yarn"! I especially like the green cardigan.