Friday, March 30, 2007

To crochet or not to crochet

My aunt taught me to crochet a few years later, but oddly enough I wasn't as fascinated with crocheting as I was with knitting. There was only one block that I learned how to make, one that my aunt taught me. It's a hexagonal block, rather simple, but quite fun to work with. I made a couple of afghans using it.

The picture above is from my Bible School days. It was the first afghan I completed using this block. Sorry about the poor quality, but it was taken pre-digital camera days. I hope you at least get the idea. (Don't look too closely, I wasn't terribly fond of weaving in my ends).

I don't have a picture of the second one I made. It was in shades of blue and I gave it to a friend for her baby many years ago.

The following picture is a close up of a block:

I, like many woolaholics, have scrap yarns to use up. I have a supply of what I call 'ice cream' colours that my mom had on hand and I think I'm going to use them up making these hexagonal blocks. When I get finished I'll post a picture.

Since those days, crocheting has grown on me and I've made several afghans. Most of them I have given away, so they are living at other people's houses and I don't have pictures of them. But now that I have a digital camera I will go visit them and take their pictures.

No comments: