Saturday, March 8, 2008

Spring Has Sprung

As I sit here typing this the sun has finally decided to push through the clouds and the rain will hopefully hold off until tomorrow. It even feels warmer outside, although that might just be wishful thinking on my part. The windows are wide open and my apartment is airing out with the crisp early spring breeze. Outside, the wee crocuses and some daffodils have pushed up through the ground and some are bravely blooming. I have noticed the last few weeks that the grocery stores are carrying primroses and pansies and potted bulbs, and so I was tempted to go out to my local nursery and see what types of plants they had on offer. I found beautiful 'Danova' primroses and pansies and violas. Plus they had a table full of ranunculas. I caved in and bought enough to fill about five pots. They look so perky and happy out there I had to take their pictures. *smile*




I even spent a little time cleaning up the mess that winter and my resident squirrel left behind. And wouldn't you know, I had no sooner turned my back and the little rodent was perched out on the cement wall peering up at my pots. I had better not find any uprooted plants out there in the near future or he will be scampering about without a tail. That is if I can catch him.

Now that I have a little bit of spring happening out on my patio I have got the bug and I have begun making a list of those things I would like to plant for the rest of the season and on through the summer to add to my two hostas and peony which have started to sprout. Yes...spring has definitely sprung.

1 comment:

Barbara said...

Squirrels are adorable but can be pesky little critters. Your flowers are lovely! I need to get some seeds started. I have some pear tomato seeds I bought a few years ago. I'm wondering if they will still germinate.