Sunday, March 30, 2008

Strange looking socks

I have been working on a vest for the last few days, but got stuck with making the armbands. I asked for some help on Knitty forums and while I was waiting, I took a look through my sock yarn and discovered this ball of Berroco Comfort Sock. I had forgotten I'd bought it, but I must have picked it up on one of my touchy feely browsing days. It is very soft. I decided to try another pair of the socks I made up from a few different patterns and this is the result...

Rather a funny looking sock if I do say so myself, but as my mom said, once it is blocked it will look fine. Although in my case blocking means putting in on my foot. It's working up really nicely and the colours are very pretty. It will be a nice every day sock. I think I'm just going to keep knitting to see how long I can make it. There are about 450 yds in the 100 g ball. Besides I never know what to do with all my bits and pieces left over from socks. They just seem to end up in little balls in a bag. Waiting for who know what.

The vest is almost done. I got the help I was looking for and it's ready for the seams to be sewn up. Hopefully I'll get it done tonight and get some pictures taken in the next few days.

No comments: